Zucchini Flat Bread | GF/V Pizza Base
This delicious zucchini flat bread has been my go to for either breakfast, lunch or dinner lately! I have been loving it! So easy to whip up, tastes yum and is filling a lunch or breakfast.
Using the recipe as a pizza base is also a great idea if you dislike the gluten free options available at the supermarket. Simply bake as instructed and then add your pizza toppings and baking again as you would a pizza!
The mix can be used without the zucchini although I like having the extra veggie serving of the zucchini hidden amongst.
Zucchini Flat Bread / Pizza Base
Serves: 1-2 people
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 20-40 minutes
☆ 1/2 cup chickpea flour
☆ 1/2 tsp baking powder
☆ 1 tsp ground cumin
☆ 1 tsp smoked paprika
☆ 1/2 tsp of salt
☆ 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
☆ 1 grated zucchini/courgette*
☆ 1/2 cup water
☆ 2 tbsp oil (olive, sunflower, avocado etc)
*not necessary but I like the extra vege, you can make this without the zucchini! Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C putting your tray or pizza stone in to heat.
2. Sift chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, spices and nutritional yeast. Add the water and oil and mix with a fork or whisk ensuring there are no lumps. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
4. Mix in the grated zucchini in and ensure everything is well incorporated.
5. On a sheet of baking paper, drizzle some oil over and then pour out your mix. Using the back of the spoon and spread out into a pizza shape (or any shape desired).
6. Transfer to the tray or pizza stone and bake for 20-30 minutes.
7. When the flatbread/base is looking golden and crispy, flip the flatbread/pizza base over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and serve as is or and add some spinach, feta, tomato, pesto and drizzle with olive oil.
9. If you are using this as a pizza base, add your pizza topping and bake for another 10-15 minutes.